Forward Counseling and Consultation (FCC) will work with community agencies to create safe, thoughtful spaces in their workplace for white people to deeply examine whiteness in the United States. The groups will focus on bringing awareness to these topics while working to create shifts in the current culture around Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. FCC will work with management to implement the 10-week workshop series from Shelly Tochluk’s book Witnessing Whiteness: The Need to Talk About Race and How to Do It?
Group members explore:
- History and construction of white racial identity
- Community building within white spaces
- White culture and values and how US national culture reflects and largely rests on white culture, practices and values
- Manifestations of white supremacy and privilege
- Cross-racial communication, conflict, and relationship building
- Activation of white solidarity, accountability, and the movement toward to antiracist action